PostDoc Position: EcoGuard – Anchor Peptide Production and Engineering
DWI – Leibniz Institute for Interactive Materials is a research institution financed by the Federal Government and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is member of the Leibniz Association and is located at the Campus Melaten of the RWTH Aachen University. Here international young and experienced scientists belonging to different disciplines develop interactive materials according to the principles of nature.
DWI invites applications for a position as
Scientific coworker – PostDoc (d/f/m) from the field of Biotechnology
DWI offers you a wide range of possibilities to develop further both professionally and personally in an interdisciplinary setting.
In the interdisciplinary project "EcoGuard", chemists, biotechnologists and plant scientists teamed up to develop new pesticide release systems. The release technology consists of microgels and anchor peptides. The aim of the project is to reduce pesticides usage for a sustainable agriculture. The developed system will be finally evaluated in field trials within the project. The focus of your work will be the production and optimization of anchor peptides that guarantee a rain-fasten binding of microgels to plants.
- Independent production and downstream processing of anchor peptides
- Optimization of fermentation conditions and the engineering production organisms
- Independent execution of adhesion studies (fluorescence microscopy)
- Close cooperation with project partners from the fields of chemistry and plant science
- You hold a PhD in biotechnology or a related discipline
- Experience in the field of fermentation and downstream processing
- Experience in metabolic engineering for strain optimization is desirable
- High level of accuracy and reliability, team spirit and hands-on mentality
- Good communication skills in German and English
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Exciting and challenging tasks as well as development opportunities in a modern scientific organization
- An open and team-oriented working atmosphere in an international environment
- The support of an experienced team.
The 2-year position is to be filled at the earliest possible date. Remuneration is done under similar conditions as the collective agreement for public service of the federal states (TV-L).
DWI supports you to gain further qualifications. We offer our employees a broad spectrum of career opportunities in an attractive working climate.
DWI supports equal opportunities of women and men. There is a possibility that the position can also be fulfilled in part-time, unless there are compelling professional reasons to do otherwise.
We at the DWI - Leibniz Institute value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, disability, nationality or ethnic and social background.
If we have aroused your interest and you are open to new professional challenges, we would be delighted to receive a meaningful application from you.
Then please send your application documents by e-mail in one PDF file until 31st October 2019 to Dr. Felix Jakob (jakob(at)dwi.rwth-aachen.de) with the subject: “Biotec-PostDoc”