Mechanical stimulation of cells
DWI – Leibniz Institute for Interactive Materials is a research institution financed by the Federal Government and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is member of the Leibniz Association and is located at the Campus Melaten of the RWTH Aachen University. Here international young and experienced scientists belonging to different disciplines develop interactive materials according to the principles of nature.
DWI invites applications for a position as
Master Student (d/f/m)
Bachelor Student (d/f/m)
Within a challenging but innovative project the goal of this thesis is to engineer hydrogels and study the response of cells on such hydrogels.
- The project involves the fabrication of hydrogels by the silicon mould replicating technique.
- Highly motivated Bachelor and Master student interested in the interdisciplinary areas of cell culture and polymer science (hydrogels).
- Background knowledge of Biotechnology/ Biomedical Engineering/Biology will be preferable.
- Previous experience in cell culture and microscopy will be preferred, but is not mandatory
- Willing to learn new techniques.
- Exciting and challenging tasks as well as development opportunities in a modern scientific organization.
- An open and team-oriented working atmosphere in an international environment.
- The support of an experienced team.
DWI supports you to gain further qualifications. We offer our employees a broad spectrum of career opportunities in an attractive working climate.
DWI supports equal opportunities of women and men. There is a possibility that the position can also be fulfilled in part-time, unless there are compelling professional reasons to do otherwise.
We at the DWI - Leibniz Institute value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, disability, nationality or ethnic and social background.
How to apply:
If we have aroused your interest and you are open to new professional challenges, we would be delighted to receive a meaningful application from you.
Please send your application documents by e-mail in one PDF file until 15.06.2019 to Prof. Dr. Laura De Laporte (Delaporte(at)dwi.rwth-aachen.de) or
Dr. Yashoda Chandorkar (Post-doc) (Chandorkar(at)dwi.rwth-aachen.de).