1 PhD Position: PEBIOTE – Anchor PEptide as green and versatile strategies for application of BIObased additives in coatings of TExtiles and plastics
DWI - Leibniz-Institut für Interaktive Materialien, Aachen
Stellenangebot vom 05.05.2020
The DWI – Leibniz Institute for Interactive Materials, Aachen is a research institute that takes on the challenge of surpassing disciplinary limits and tackling new questions relating to substances and materials that combine technology and nature. It is a location where people with different talents, experiences and skills work together, to learn from each other, and generate new knowledge and new methods to create a better quality of life in our world.
DWI invites applications for a position as
1 PhD student (d/f/m) from the field of Biotechnology
DWI offers you a wide range of possibilities to develop further both professionally and personally in an interdisciplinary setting.
In the interdisciplinary project "PEBIOTE" the research group of Prof. Schwaneberg develops new bio-based coatings for textiles and plastics based on the anchor peptide technology. The aim of the PEBIOTE project is to investigate the general applicability of anchor peptides as additives for films and textile coatings. The project is a joint project with the University Hospital Aachen, DECHEMA and the Belgian partners Celabor and Centexbel.
- Independent production and downstream processing of proteins and peptides
- Development of new peptide-based coating technologies
- Independent performance of adhesion (fluorescence microscopy) and functionalization tests
- Close cooperation with project partners from DWI and industry
- Completed studies (M.Sc. or comparable) in biology, biochemistry, biophysics, biotechnology or equivalent
- Experience in molecular biology and recombinant protein production (including E. coli)
- Experience in protein engineering and/or materials science (surface characterization) is desirable
- High level of accuracy and reliability, team spirit and hands-on mentality
- Good communication skills in German and English
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Exciting and challenging tasks as well as development opportunities in a modern scientific organization
- An open and team-oriented working atmosphere in an international environment
- The support of an experienced team.
Project start is 01.09.2020. The 3-year position has to be filled at the earliest possible date.
Employment, remuneration and benefits are based on the collective agreement for public service of the federal states (TV-L).
DWI supports you to gain further qualifications. We offer our employees a broad spectrum of career opportunities in an attractive working climate https://www.dwi.rwth-aachen.de/seite/institutskultur. DWI supports equal opportunities; an overview on the measures can be found here: https://www.dwi.rwth-aachen.de/en/page/equal-opportunity-and-diversity.
There is a possibility to fulfill the position in part-time, unless there are compelling professional reasons to do otherwise.
We at the DWI - Leibniz Institute value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, disability, nationality or ethnic and social background.
How to apply:
If we have piqued your interest and you are open to new professional challenges, we would be delighted to receive an application from you.
Please send all the relevant documents (Motivation letter, CV, Transcripts) as a single PDF file via email to Dr. Felix Jakob (jakob(at)dwi.rwth-aachen.de) with the subject: “PEBIOTE-PhD”.